Prequel or sequel? Still up the air, but we are hoping for prequel. Does the title give you any hint?
More action than Khan. "There will be more action in this movie than any 'Trek' that's preceded it," Kurtzman promised. Orci, without discussing a specific budget, added, "It'll be the biggest one."
- Mission 1: Increase the fanbase. "The challenge of the movie is to be 100 percent true to the fanbase but also to bring in a whole new group of people who've never seen 'Trek' before," Kurtzman said.
- Damon, Brody, Sinise? No confirmation on casting, but Kurtzman does admit to being a Damon fan. "I'm the hugest Matt Damon fan ever. If he became [Kirk], great."
- If begins at Starfleet Academy, it won't end there. Orci and Kurtzman both confirm that Star Trek will be a starship-based adventure.
- Prequel, maybe. Reimagining, yes. Think of Batman Begins for point of reference.
- Shatner and Nimoy have both met with Orci, Kurtzman and Abrams for the project.
- Directed by Abrams, we are guaranteed a film that takes a hard look at the characters and 'the human soul.'
Check out the entire report on Star Trek XI at MTV.
If all goes to plan, Star Trek XI will open to theatres in