The Incredible Hulk on DVD and Blu-Ray October 21st
By Ryan Parsons | Images property of Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures has announced that we can expect The Incredible Hulk on both Blu-ray and DVD long before the holidays. Giving the Blu-ray version some flair, the box comes with a green stripe instead of a blue one. Fitting.
The Incredible Hulk on DVD & Blu-ray
From the Marvel Universe of the world’s most popular Super Heroes comes the $234.6 million worldwide summer hit that fans have been waiting for as The Incredible Hulk blasts onto DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def from Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Marvel Studios on October 21, 2008. Filled with unstoppable action, spectacular visual effects, and non-stop thrills, The Incredible Hulk is directed by Louis Leterrier and features an all-star cast including Academy Award® nominees Edward Norton and Tim Roth, Liv Tyler and Academy Award® winner William Hurt. The visually spectacular, super-charged release will be available in three versions: a three-disc Special Edition DVD available for a limited time only; a two-disc Blu-ray release, offered in collectible 3D lenticular packaging for a limited time only; and a single-disc DVD edition.
Both the Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray releases include over two hours of bonus extras, including an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate opening and a digital copy of the film that is iPod, PC or MAC compatible. The two-disc Blu-ray set, offering the perfect picture and purest digital sound, will also include all-new, interactive features including My Chat, an innovative application that allows viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film for a fully immersive, exclusive experience.
The suspense-filled, action-packed story is the epic tale of Dr. Bruce Banner, whose life has been changed forever by a dose of gamma radiation that transforms him when provoked into the terrifying and powerful Hulk. Though pursued by military leaders intent on harnessing his unbelievable strength as a secret weapon, Banner must call upon the hero within himself to battle an equally powerful adversary, The Abomination.
The single-disc edition includes the film and deleted scenes. In addition to these components, both the Special Edition DVD and the Blu-ray Hi-Def release will include the following:
The Incredible Hulk
The Incredible Hulk
Bonus Features - Special Edition & Blu-ray
• Alternate Opening
• The Making of THE INCREDIBLE HULK: An in-depth look at the making of the blockbuster film, featuring interviews with Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier, and producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and the entire cast and crew. The documentary covers the film’s innovative take on the character, look and storyline, as well as the casting process, production and profile of director Louis Leterrier.
• Becoming The Hulk: This featurette focuses on Edward Norton’s approach to the iconic role and the incredible visual effects employed by award®-winning studio Rhythm & Hues to create the character on screen.
• Becoming The Abomination: From the first motion-capture session to the visual effects at Rhythm & Hues, viewers go behind the scenes with actor Tim Roth and watch as he transforms both his mind and body into the super villain known as The Abomination.
• Anatomy of a Hulk Out: Behind-the-scenes looks at three of the movie’s most exciting action sequences.
• From Comic Book to Screen: See the incredible comic books come to life courtesy of narration, sound effects and “living” panels of action.
• Feature Commentary With Director Louis Leterrier And Cast
• Digital Copy of The Incredible Hulk: Compatible with PC, Mac or iPod.
• Deleted Scenes
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray
• U Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature, U Control puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever interrupting the movie, through animated comic book panels, storyboards, early renderings of the visual effects, interactive cast and crew interviews and exclusive information about the characters, back story, and THE INCREDIBLE HULK physics.
• BD-LIVE FEATURES – Blu-ray and Playstation3 players with an Internet connection can access exclusive interactive applications that allow viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film
The Incredible Hulk comes to DVD and Blu-ray October 21st.
For the trailers, stills, poster, review and additional info, go to The Incredible Hulk Movie Page.
Sources: Images property of Universal Pictures
© 2004 Minds Eye One, All Rights Reserved
The Can Magazine™ is a trademark of Minds Eye One
All movie titles, movie icons, movie stills/clips/trailers/other media... are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of stated holders
CanMag.Com banners contain movie/gaming icons that were created by individual holders
> The Incredible Hulk
on DVD and Blu-Ray October 21st