We all know that Mickey is going to be screaming "cha-ching-cha-ching" tomorrow when Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest hits store shelves in single-disc and special edition DVD, so is a review of the package really going to change your opinion on whether to purchase? I doubt it, but maybe you'd also like a free copy?
DVD Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is a giant chest of gold for Disney not only because they are terrifically fun films, but they know when to be released. A film as fun as Pirates while still holding a large amount of cinema effects and action is just what moviegoers look for in the summer and families in the winter. It just so happens that each film's theatrical release takes place in the summer and DVD release in the winter; cha-ching!
If I can give you one suggestion on the DVD release, be sure to buy the 2-Disc Special Edition that comes packed with the following bonus features.
• Captain Jack: From Head To Toe -- Secrets And Legends Revealed By Johnny Depp And Others
• Meet Davy Jones: Discover The Creation, Mystery And Mythology Of The Sea's Ghostly Ruler
• Bloopers Of The Caribbean
• Mastering The Blade: Sword Fighting With The Film's Stars
• Audio Commentary: Screenwriters Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
• "Charting The Return" -- A Preproduction Diary
• "According To Plan" --Journal Of Filming The Movie
• Fly On The Set Featurette: The Bone Cage
• Creating The Kraken
• Dead Men Tell New Tales: Re-Imagineering The Attraction
• Pirates On Main Street: The World Premiere
• Jerry Bruckheimer: A Producer's Photo Diary
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on DVD
The quality of the 2-Disc Special Edition -- which we had on hand to review -- is exceptional and, even though not in HD, looks incredible on any HDTV. Kraken, kraken, kraken! This DVD is absolutely perfect for the holidays.
If you were to only but the single disc edition of Dead Man's Chest, you still at least get Bloopers of the Caribbean, which always offers a little more fun on top of the film.
It just so happens that we have two copies of the single-disc version to give away for the holidays. For a chance to win, submit your name HERE and tell us which Pirates installment you liked better, Dead Man's Chest or Curse of the Black Pearl. A reason why will (Turner) help your chances.